Re: (Sony) Notes [was: Re: tlug: graphic chipset]

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Manuel Chakravarty wrote:

> Sony VAIO PCG-505, or so, and in the Japanese advertisment
> brochures it is also called バイオノート (or something like

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it had an internal 33.6Kbps
modem.  So, I guess you would need the IRQs for the ethernet.
It had some type of special adaptor for the CD-ROM.  Though,
I was thinking of doing the Debian install with floppies
and ethernet.  Was the price around 160,000 yen with 32 megs
of RAM and 133mhz processor?  I saw this in Bic Camera
and was really interested in it.  I would be quite interested
to talk to a Linux user that was getting high satisfaction
out of the Sony VAIO PCG-505.

If this is the one I'm thinking about, it's so thin that
the floppy is external.  I think the processor used some
special flat-pin tech to get it to fit into the case.

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.