tlug: PJE questions

Hi there,

Firstly thanks a million to Craig Oda for that highly informative pages
on Japanese on Linux support. That was amazing....

I'm currently using RedHat 5.0, and I've followed the TLUG homepage
links to the PJE website.... and I've downloaded most of the packages
there. But I read the PJE-HOWTO and got rather confused, so hopefully
could get a few hints here...

Anyway, here are my questions:

- The HOWTO pages says that we should use "ezinst" to install the RPM
  packages. But where do I find ezinst? And KON? I also couldn't find
  the script jeinst.sh  in any of the packages that I downloaded from
  web site...

- The strangest thing is at the "package management" part for RedHat,
  where the HOWTO page recommends using Glint or RPM to add or delete
  packages. Strange. So if I can add or delete packages using that, then
  why do I still need to use ezinst in the first place?

- Since I'm using RedHat 5, which has the new glibc libraries and stuff,
  and PJE (apparently) uses the old libc libraries. By installing the
  packages, would I cripple my original RedHat 5 configurations? At
  section 2.2 it said that it will replace ld.so and other files, but I
  assumed that it's RH4 that they are talking about, right? I'm just a
  little worried about these packages replacing the current files with
  really old versions because previously I have tried to install Chinese
  support and it replaced a lot of files in the /usr/bin directory with
  binaries dated 1993!!

- Which one is better? Wnn4 or Wnn6? What's the difference?

- Which one is better? Wnn or Canna? (Sorry, I'm sure this is almost the
  vi-vs-emacs-holy-war analogy but I really hoped to get a little feel
  on both of them before choosing to install one of them) It won't
  work if I get both engines running, would it?

- At section 6, it said something like "If you're using client software
  after XFree3.1.2 you'll need to save JX11..." or something like that?
  What exactly does it mean? The whole doc is in Japanese and I've
  almost stretched myself to the utmost limit of my grasp of the
  language to understand the whole doc :)

Thank you very much!!

p/s: Oh, just a side question : Is it easy to find a CS-related job in
     Japan nowadays?? (I'm not Japanese, and can understand only basic
     Japanese). And if I do apply for one, should I send in a Japanese
     resume or English?

Thanks ! :)

regards,
Chiew
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: