Re: tlug: Re: PPP&RH5.0 (was: Infoworld Review)

Thanks to all who replied, but unfortunatelly it's still not working.

I already tried:

1) activating IP forwarding
   /etc/sysconfig/network shows that FORWARD_IPV4=yes

2) removed gated
   it was installed by default

3) removed routed
   when I realized that RH5 had installed gated, I removed it
   and installed routed instead. Checking the backups from my
   my old RH4.2 setup I see that neither gated nor routed were
   really needed

4) set GATEWAYDEV=ppp0 at /etc/sysconfig/network

5) route del default

6) route del 192.168.1.0

7) recompiled the kernel with and without firewalling/ip_masquerading

What else is left to try?

---
A.Tomita,Jr.   atomita@example.com
               atomita@example.com

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: