Re: tlug: Re: Roasting TLUG CD-ROMS

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980120081142.14525A-100000@example.com> you wr
ote:
> This is a good idea.  To create a disk we only need about 1.5Gb of hard
> disk space for the source and image, and a blank CDR.  I've been getting
> the CDR's bulk for about 185 yen each.  If we buy 100 we can get them for
> about 170 yen a piece.  We could make up 10 or 20 disks of the latest
> software and TLUG homepage&archives before each meeting and distribute
> them as "disks of the month".

A couple of weeks ago I found blank CD-R media (Kodak) for 150 yen each,
at "jiki kenkyujyo" (block A6 in the impress akiba map).

I use to check a few ftp sites regularly and have RedHat-4.2 (sparc and
i386), RedHat-5.0 (i386), PJE (1.0) and jrpm in my hard-disk. I could burn
them in a CD-R and send to Joe for duplication (I'm concerned about
copyright infringement if we duplicate directly from commercial CD-ROMs;
anybody knows if the license says anything about it?).

---
Alberto Tomita, Jr.            http://www.ishiilab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~Alberto
Yokohama National University       e-mail: alberto@example.com

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.