Re: tlug: Red Hat vs Debian

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Rob Bickel wrote:

> rpm -qi <packagename>
>
> You will get a description of the package.
>
> If you type
>
> rpm -ql <packagename>
>
> You will get a list of files.
>
> The problem with these commands is that the package
> must already be installed.  I am not sure how to
> accomplish the same thing if the package is not
> installed except with glint.  With glint, if you
> click on available to view the packages that are
> in the directory that you designated to install from,
> then click on a file and click on query, you can
> see the above information for a package which is not
> installed.

Thus the "p" flag as in my other post. This lets you look at
the files without installing. Works fine!

David
Hachinohe, Japan

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: