tlug: News server access

This might be one of the odder requests for help to pop up in the TLUG
list, but here goes.  I work for an ISP and I recently moved into one of
our access points (it's a 3DK, but only one room was in use, so . . . ) and
it's great being able to plug my machine right into the net.  Greater than
I can even describe :-)

There's just one hitch.  For security reasons, my computer must remain
outside the firewall - otherwise anyone who hacked into it would have
access to our entire network.   As a result of being outside of the
firewall, I can't access our news server from home anymore.  Accordingly, I
was wondering if anyone out there on the TLUG list could possibly give me
access to their news server?  I know that's probably asking a lot and I
understand if nobody can do it.  I'm also willing to accept read-only
access.

Anyhow, thanks for anything anybody can do, and Happy New Year!

Jonathan

P.S.  Going with the flow, I also just picked up and installed Red Hat 5.0
and I'm pretty happy with it.  I'd been dabbling in Turbo Linux before and
was having a great of frustration because I'm a beginner and the manual is
little more than a leaflet.  Kudos to Red Hat's A+ documentation.  The
Turbo Linux-J CD-ROM has a whole bunch of Japanese RPMs on it, though, so
I'll pop those into Red Hat and try them out. Among them is a 10-minute use
demo version of dp/Note, so after I'm fully settled in from my move, I'll
try to post some kind of review of it.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.