Re: tlug: (from Red Hat) Promo items from Red Hat (fwd)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Totoro wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Craig Oda wrote:
>
> > 	Thanks for your previous note. I have sent a copy of 5.0 and a copy of
> > Applixware v4.3.7 along with some t-shirts and mouse pads for your group.
>
> So, is the Applixware going to be a loanable thing for us? I wouldn't
> mind trying it out...

We can raffle or loan it out.  Everything should be sent to Joe
Marchak's office directly.  I tend to lose things.   There
used to be another copy of that some place.  I'm not sure
what the copyright is for testing.

We can vote on what to do with the booty.  Though, I would
like to say my opinion.  If it is software, we should
try to demo it at a meeting to give the sponsor a fair
deal.  After the demo, we can vote on what to do with it.

I figure we can give out for free or raffle out the T-shirts
and mouse pads.

Someone made the suggestion of asking for a 500 yen donation
instead and giving raffle tickets out for free.  Whatever
way is more fun for everyone is fine for me.  I thought that
a raffle was kind of like bingo or some type of game.

Anyway, giving out or raffling T-shirts, mouse pads, and
stickers is probably a good way to get more member participation.
What I really want is that stuffed penguin mascot Le TuX.

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com
PGP public key: http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: