tlug: Strange commands in a strange land or fixing DOS with cygwin32

Hi,
the cygwin32 project is pretty awesome.  I use it on those
rare occasions when I'm forced against my will, to
use Windows (as little as possible, and mainly to test some
customers software once a week or so).

One problem I had on Windows '95-J is that I couldn't get
bash to work.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I thought
it was because of some Japanese related thing.  Since I
rarely use DOS, it is not that big a problem.  However,
when I do use DOS, I'm totally lost, and bash would help.

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Jason Molenda wrote:

> There is also the cygwin32 project that Cygnus is doing, over at
> http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32
> We made a DLL (cygwin.dll) which provides a Unix (POSIX.2) API to
> programs, so porting a unix program to NT/95 just involves linking
> against this DLL.  The beta that is up for download is a bit old and a
> bit slow; when the next version goes up it should be pretty
> impressive.  Included are many of the GNU shell and file utilities,
> including bash.  Gcc et al are also included, and are capable of
> generating Win32 programs.

---
craig@example.com
PGP public key: http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/