ADMIN: appropriate list material [was Re: tlug: -Unix Jobs-]

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Huw wrote:

> We should keep these job adverts out of TLUG.
>
> ... and check out www.fsj.co.jp BTW :)

Hi,
personally I don't mind the advertisements and in the case of
the last financial services position, let's keep in mind that
TLUG owes that unnamed company quite a bit due its
generous donation of Sparc hardware.  There must have been
20 machines donated over the last year.  That's awesome.
I personally wouldn't mind if JL even brought
fliers to the meeting about his unnamed company and the
job.  Hey, how else can TLUG express gratitude for the
help that JL's company has done?  (JL, please let me
know if it is okay to make the name public.)

Also, Fusion Systems Japan (http://www.fsj.co.jp)
did host a TLUG meeting in the past and did donate pizza
and soft drinks.

However, I do understand Huw's point.  Maybe we could
put something about jobs on the TLUG home page and
put an icon of the company logo up on it for corporate
sponsors like JL's company.  We did this for Fusion
Systems Japan when they hosted the TLUG meeting.

If JL wants to do this, I think it would be okay.
(Jim Schweizer, webmaster). The TLUG page is pretty popular
among UNIX / Linux people.  Anything I can do to
help, let me know.

Comments are welcome from all members.  Remember, TLUG is
your club, shape it into the organization you want it to
be.  If we use the same subject line, people that find this
thread of discussion non-relevant can ignore the rest of
the thread.

Regards,
Craig

---