Re: tlug: =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCRnxLXDhsGyhC?= e-mail header definitions

David,
thank you for this very cool information.  I didn't
know about the base64 stuff.

It appears that pinej takes the EUC I output from kinput2,
converts it to iso-2022-jp, then encodes it as base64,
adds on the prefix definitions and the beginning and
end of string delimiters before sending it out.  Nice.

Incoming, it automatically decodes the base64 MIME header.

Regards,
Craig

>   From: lunde@example.com (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?vq7O07f1?=)
>                                         >^^^^^^^^<
> The whole string enclosed in parentheses has several components, and
> the following explains their purpose and relationships (using the
> above string as an example):
>
>   Component      Explanation
>   ^^^^^^^^^      ^^^^^^^^^^^
>   =?             Signals start of encoded string
>   ISO-2022-JP    Charset name ("ISO-2022-JP" is for Japanese)
>   ?              Delimiter
>   B              Encoding ("B" is for Base64)
>   ?              Delimiter
>   vq7O07f1       Example string of type "charset" encoded by "encoding"
>   ?=             Signals end of encoded string

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: