Re: tlug: PalmPilot Breakage?

>    As someone who was asking before buying, one thing perticularly
>    caught my eye... Craig, you said you'd crushed your Pilot to death
>    in your briefcase. Can you elaborate? I know that people have
>    reported damaging displays by dropping them, but is the Pilot really
>    as flimsy as that?

I think that's a little unlucky.  I've had my Pilot over a year and I carry
it with me all the time in my over-one-shoulder courier bag every day.  I
carry it with my when I travel, I carry it with me when I am pushed on to a
rushhour yamanote, I carry it with me in the rain and in the shine.   (Er,
"in the shine"?  :-)

I have one of the original ones that had this defect where a bit of
plastic breaks off easily (not a functionally important part), and that
finally happened to me this last summer.

I've had a friend or two who has ended up with a broken Pilot, but the
vast majority of the people I know are happily using them.

BTW- current street price for the Pilot professional is like $350.

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: