Re: tlug: palmtop PHS , PIAFS, Alpha-32

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> There are two competing standards for PHS communications, PIAFS and
> Alpha-32. Different PHS companies support different standards, with DDI

Thanks!  I didn't realize there were 2 standards.  There seems to be
a comparison at http://www.j-plaza.or.jp/ddi-pocket/data/32kbps.html
but the Japanese is beyond me.

--
J. David Beutel       "You're inhabited by the society you live in through
11011011 jdb@example.com  your use of language." McCorduck on Turkle on Lacan

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: