Re: tlug: Red Hat vs. Debian

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, David J Iannucci wrote:

> a shot and see how it goes.  One thing that turns me on in
> particular is the idea that you've got a complete, working
> though minimal system that can be installed from just a few
> floppies, without the need for a CD-ROM.  This is a great
> idea and I hope they never change it.

Oh, I should warn you.  Floppy disks often have bad sectors.
This is especially critical for the install diskettes.
If you are having problems with the install, try another
diskette.  Don't underestimate the importance of having
good data sectors on your install diskettes.

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: