Re: tlug: NTT JTeX: font problems

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Matt Gushee wrote:
> way, I want to thank Steve Turnbull for his indispensable instructions
> in the Linux-Nihongo pages (although I found I had to do a few things
> differently--so I may contribute a few minor additions once I'm
> comfortable with the way my stuff's working)

Please send me any information.  I'll archive it for Stephen and the
rest of the world.  We are in the midst of amassing
information for the book project.

What are you using for your print driver?

There are two ways to print from TeX, dvi.  One is to use a driver
that converts the dvi directly to something like PCL for HP printers.
The other is to convert the dvi to PostScript and then use something
like GhostScript to covert the Japanese fonts to something the printer
can understand.

If you are using the dvi to hp driver, are you sure you have the
proper driver to match your printer?

If you're using PostScript, can you display it on your graphics
terminal using gs, gv, or ghostview?  If you can display it,
it is pretty easy to get it to print.  If you can't display it,
you have to back track to find the source of the problem.

-- Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: