Re[2]: tlug: Yutex

Hi,
Craig:
I hope my direct mail help us tracing down your problem.

 > I'm mainly interested in the unicode capability of yutex.  Does it
 > have any keybindings?  For example, the emacs-like keybindings
 > in the standard motif text widget?  I can use the cursor keys, but
 > that is about it.

Page-Down, Page-up also works &)
I am palanning to get "natural" bindings (like Home, End) but I think Windows button
won't work. My primary aim is to come up with a simple editor that supports editing and
postscript printing of many languages in any (even English) environment. I dont like the idea of having a Japanese version of
something that will not work on my sister's computer in Hungary.

The international input is achieved by keyboard input maps and x input methods (only kinput2 now). In the keyboard input files you should be able to specify key sequences that produces a unicode string to your liking.

As for the x input styles - only off-the-spot and root style is supported, maily because it looked reaallly bad when I tried on-the-spot style - we have scrollbars. Dont forget that you can reposition the cursor during the input with the keyboard or the
mouse. The whole text just got wrapped around when I got out of the window.

Motif provides only a well known appearance. The reason why I did not put kinput2 in the kde and qt version is because they did not provide a way to install just any X event handler. I could have modified the source code - but the license prevent me from doing so.

Cheers,
gaspar

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: