Re: tlug: Re: Linux-Nihongo Doc availability

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Gaspar Sinai wrote:

gsinai>That's a very useful page. I like it very much.Thanks.

Gaspar,
if you want to donate some documentation on myutex, please
send it to me.  I was going to download your program and do a
write up of it, but ran out of time last night.  I find this
type of UNICODE editor very nice in the coming age of
Java.  Do you save to file as UTF-8 or 2 byte UNICODE?
I am also very curious as to how you do the input of Japanese.

In the example on my web page for xcalendar and xpostit, I'm
using the kinput2 protocol to get the kanji into the application.
Is this is what you are doing?  What did you need to configure
to get it to work?  I'm kind of confused on what xim ximp are.
Stephen Turnbull has tried to explain the X-input protocol to
me, but I'm still lost.

gsinai>released a unicode package that comes woth converters and editors and it  handles Japanese as well.
gsinai>
gsinai>screenshot:
gsinai>http://www2.gol.com/users/gsinai/myutex.gif
gsinai>source (now)
gsinai>http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming/
gsinai>rpm binaries for alpha and i386
gsinai>ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib

------

On a different topic, can anyone explain what the difference between
the Japanese encoding JIS and iso-2022-jp is?  Are they basically
the same thing?  I'm trying to document how emacs displays EUC in
a program like Kterm, accepts keyboard input in EUC, and saves to
file in iso-2022-jp so that a program like pico (embedded in Pine)
can read it in and send it to the sendmail program on my ISP.

Can I just say that it saves it as JIS?  Are JIS and iso-2022-jp
the same thing?

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: