Re: tlug: CD Roasting / KDE desktop environment

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> You don't really want the writes to be 'separate', since you want one
> ISO9660 file system that contains the contents for the entire disc.
> When writing the next session, you need to get mkisofs to merge what
> was already in the other sessions (-M).

  Thanks for the tip, Jim.  I'll try using the free-standing 'mkisofs',
although there may be a hitch even with this.  I see the manpage remarks:

              "Support  for  this  is not yet 100% complete,
              because  some  handshaking  is   required   between
              mkisofs  and cdwrite in order to determine the next
              writable address on the cdrom."

  I'm also not sure that 'cdwrite' supports my Yamaha vt 200 Writer.
I'll keep you posted though.

  By the way, has anyone set up the newly-released beta of the KDE
desktop environment yet.  It looks very promising, but I have yet to
try setting it up.  If you don't know about it, check out
http://www.kde.org .

  Cheers,

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: