Upgrading Debian bo to hamm ( was AW: tlug: forwarded message from Hajime Saitou)

Hey,

I've been told by a reliable source that X*g (XFree86 built against
glibc) does not include the X11R[56] localization code in Xlib, so you
have to depend on libc's locale functions.

This means that internationalized programs break on Japanese because
(Debian, at least) libc6 does not supply a Japanese locale (sob,
sob).  Don't be fooled by the stuff in /usr/share/locale; that's just
the message catalog for GNU sharutils (? what do we need that for?)

Anybody know a workaround, or when this bug is going get fixed?

The stuff in projects-jp/experimental is gomi....
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday Dec. 13, 1997  (possibly Nov. 13?)
a word from the sponsor: