Re: tlug: Meeting

tlug note from "Paul Z. Cipywnyk" <paulcipy@example.com>
At 07:59 PM 10/5/97 +0900, you wrote:

>> OK, I'm coming down for it. Since I don't get there so often,
>> can anyone recommend shops in town for Linux books, CD's, etc?
>>
>> ----------------------------------
>> David Riley
>>
>> Hachinohe Institute of Technology
>> Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

Hi, this is my first post to the list, and I just signed up a day ago, so
please bear with me while I get my feet wet.

I just placed my first order with The Bookpool, a WWW bookstore
specializing in technical books.

They're running a sale on all sorts of computer books, including O'Reilly
titles. I just ordered four O'Reilly books for between 28%-31% off, and
3-day DHL Express shipping to Japan for the order is $34 -- less than the
cost of ONE of these books here in Tokyo. And if you can wait six weeks for
surface mail, you can shave another $10-15 off the shipping price.

You can check them out at:

http://www.bookpool.com/

I'm a total Linux newbie, (I have Red Hat 4.2 running on my old 486 but am
not doing much with it yet), but I hope to make the meeting this weekend...

  Paul Cipywnyk (paulcipy@example.com) Tokyo, Japan
      http://www2.gol.com/users/paulcipy/
          Writing*Rewriting*Editing
Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997