tlug: [A] Kaffe 0.9.1

Kaffe under Linux Intel and have passed all the tests
that came with the source.

Some hints:

Source needs to be patched with the patch that was posted to
this mailing list.  The original patch came from the kaffe
mailing list.

If it compiles fine and does a core dump when executed,
read the instructions from DAN below:

> I was getting this too, so I played around a bit.  It turns out
> that libkaffe_vm.so.0.91 was being linked to libc.so.6, libm.so.6,
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2, and *libdl.so.1*.  Do a 'ldd libkaffe_vm.so.0.91'
> and see if it reports libdl.so.1.  If it does, compile a static
> shell, exec that.  The reason being some shells are dynamically linked
> against libdl.so.1.

> By removing libdl.so.1, you can force gcc to use libdl.so.2.  I don't
> know how to force it to do so at compile-time via an options switch,
> though (anyone?).

> What I did was basically:

> su
> cd /lib
> mkdir backup
> mv libdl.so libdl.so.1* backup
> exit
> cd ~/src/kaffe-0.91/kaffe/kaffevm
> make clean
> make
> cd ..
> make install
> ldconfig
> exit

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997