tlug: Latest netscape

tlug note from Totoro <riley@example.com>
Just out of curiosity, I finally tried out 4.02b7, and lo and
behold, the midi pages actually load on their own! I had the
Unix Midi Plugin and left it in the folder and it works out
reasonably well. Some of the more complex pages tend to get
it confused, but that's not so common, I guess. Anyhow, from
the NACSIS network it's hard to get to those most of the time!
The Java configuration on b7 looks quite good, and I haven't
had a crash yet (well, after a couple of days of spotty use).

I'm wondering, though, as to why there is only a motif binary
for version 1.2. My Motif is 2.0.1 and the dynamic binary won't
work. Not a big deal, I guess, but the sucker really goes for
the throat in terms of resources (big surprise, eh?), and a
dynamic binary would definitely help out.

Happy Friday.

David Riley
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki  Hachinohe-shi  Aomori-ken