Re: tlug: DeskJet 560J + ps

tlug note from Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Hi all,

On 27-May-97 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>    Jim> Can somebody point me in the right direction for
>    Jim> printing ps on a HP Deskjet 560J.

>(1) Ask Ghostscript what devices it supports:  gs -h

I did, but there were no entries for a deskjet 560J

>(2) If "cdj550" is there, you're in.

Would that it were so... :-( I tried it to no avail. The
other possible choices I have in gs 2.6.2 are:

cdeskjet cdjcolor cdjmono cdj500
cdj550 djet500 djet500c

I guess I'll just cascade through them to see if any of them
work. BTW I learned a lot about the lpr/lpq/lpc/lprm programs
just trying to get this to print;-)

If none of them work I'll upgrade and try again.

>I can't guarantee this will work with a "J" version, but it
>should
>:-/.

This isn't some wierd Nihongo thing built into the printer, is
it? I can get a clean ASCII print with just

lp:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/usr/spool/lp0:sh

Regards,

Jim S.

Sent by: Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
On: 27-May-97 at: 20:02:14 JST
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house
on the beach.