Re: tlug: emacs in kterm [was linux <=> Windows '95]

tlug note from Steve Dunham <dunham@example.com>
"C. Oda" <craig@example.com> writes:

> tlug note from "C. Oda" <craig@example.com>
> On Sat, 24 May 1997, Leo Glynn wrote:
>
> lglynn>--------------------------------------------------------
> lglynn>tlug note from Leo Glynn <lglynn@example.com>
> lglynn>--------------------------------------------------------
> lglynn>Hi all
> lglynn>Wondering how to get emacs up into kterm mode
> lglynn>so as to read Japanese Chars

>   $ emacs -nw

> Make sure you are in the kterm and that you use the -fk flag
> and not the -fn flag (my mistake... I should sleep more... ahhggg).

> anyway, -nw stands for no window     I think..

yup

Also, of course, you need an emacs that can display Japanese
characters.  (Even with kterm.)  Either mule or XEmacs version 20 will
do the trick.  (Just making sure, because the original poster said
'emacs' rather than 'mule' or 'xemacs'.)

Steve
dunham@example.com