kterm <=> Win '95-J [was Re: tlug: Xfontsel utility]

tlug note from "C. Oda" <craig@example.com>
On Fri, 23 May 1997, K.Karthik Rishi wrote:

karthik>--------------------------------------------------------
karthik>tlug note from "K.Karthik Rishi" <karthik@example.com>
karthik>--------------------------------------------------------
karthik>xfontsel -display -pattern "*jis*" -print
karthik>
karthik>The output of this says that only 2 matches are found , although I have many JIS fonts . Could any one help me with this problem ???

I'm not sure which machine you are using the xfontsel program on.

If you use the Linux machine as both the xserver and xclient (standalone
machine), I guess that you can display Japanese with kterm okay?
Or did you move straight to X-server on Windows '95 because you
don't have access to the Linux machine?

  when you do:

  $ xlsfonts |grep jis

you should see a list of fonts.  You can try to copy and paste a few lines
with your mouse

  $ kterm -fn   paste_it_here

Also, just a thought, did you run mkfontdir ?

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452