tlug: fetchmail and cancellation of meeting?

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
Hi,
at Jim Tittsler's office last night I noticed that he was
using fetchmail to read his mail with mutt.  I checked up
on fetchmail and found out that it supports IMAP.  I've got
it to work with smail as my local mailer and a remote IMAP
server.  The advantage of fetchmail over straight POP
on the client side is that fetchmail sends the mail through
port 25 and makes it seem like it is an SMTP feed.  This
means that I can locally spool my mail and have it activate
a number of filters, such as procmail locally.

The advantage of using the IMAP protocol over POP with
fetchmail is that I can keep a directory of mail folders
on the mail server of my ISP.  I can use procmail on my
ISP's mail server to pre-sort mail into these folders.
Thus, if I am at home relaxing, I can just get my TLUG
mail and leave everything else untouched.  It is pretty
convenient for me to organize mail on my ISP's mail
server because it is backed up for me.  Also, it is
a hassle to access my machines at home or the office
remotely due to security measures.

What I'm thinking of now is to move from Pine with IMAP
to Mew with fetchmail-IMAP.  What was the verdict on Mew?
Is it worth the move?  I've used mh-mail a bit which was
okay, but I remember that there were some good reviews
of Mew.  If the TLUG meeting is cancelled this Saturday,
I am going to fixup my home system from scratch on
Saturday.

What about the meeting?  If no one else is coming, Jim
Tittsler and I are thinking of cancelling it and
moving the gathering a few weeks back.

Regards,
Craig