tlug: XEmacs 20.0 Wnn Input

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
Hi,
thanks to Steve Dunham I've been using XEmacs 20.0 Japanese
support.

I got the source from ftp.xemacs.org.

I've compiled it with these switches:

 --with-mule=yes \
 --with-wnn=yes \
 --wnn-includes=/usr/include/wnn

I can display Japanese and get the EUC/Ja symbol in the lower
left hand corner.  I can also use the edict.el interface to
Jim Breene's EDICT dictionary in the w3 mode of XEmacs.  This
is a lot better than mule since it supports inline graphics with
clickable image maps and a bunch of other stuff.

My main challenge now is to get the input mode started.  In mule,
I start input with C-\.  Unfortunately, this doesn't work in XEmacs.
I can't get it to work with kinput2 either.   I have not tried
canna or skk yet since I am more familiar with Egg and kinput2.
I've tried C-o and a few other key combinations.  Does anyone
have the magic string to get input mode started?

I'm using mule to write e-mail in Japanese and mainly plan to
use XEmacs to read Japanese web pages since it has better w3
support.  However, I can imagine cases where I'm reading usenet
with gnus in XEmacs and want to reply or ask a question in
Japanese.

Regards,
Craig