Re: tlug: SparcLinux: Window Overflow

tlug note from Jim Tittsler <jwt@example.com>
On Tue, May 06, 1997 at 12:17:19PM +0900, John Little wrote:
> %   window overflow
> %   watchdog timer reset
> %
>
>    Unfortunately, it looks as though it could be hardware related.

Could be.  The machine seems to run 24 hours a day without problem
as long as I stay away from Grail and the X-Emacs web browser.  In
fact this weekend I was able to use Grail a bit with graphics turned
off and didn't trip the problem.  Of course, it isn't a fair test
because I'm sure I didn't have identical conditions and I'm not even
sure I visited all the same places.

>    Try setting the NVRAM to test *all* of physical memory:-

Yes, I've been paranoid enough that I test all 32MB every time it boots.
(Which is usually only after a Grail crash, making it all that much more
tedious.  :-)

> 		ok   2000 0 do
> 		> test-memory
> 		> loop
I've left it running a test-memory loop today.  I wonder if it will catch
anything.

Thanks for the tip.  Since I use Forth in my daily routine I *really*
should get up to date on the Open Firmware stuff.  One of these days...