tlug: Linux as network print spooler

tlug note from Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
Hi,
I'm trying to configure Linux as a network print spooler for
UNIX machines.  Linux prints fine to the printer, which is
a BSD print spooler.  I want to spool it to Linux because
I have Japanese printing capability on Linux thanks to
psconv, nkf, gs, vflib, and the zeit fonts.  Do I need to
be running a daemon other than lpd?  I've added the machines
to my /etc/hosts.lpd file.  However, I still can't print
from the other UNIX machines.

I've configured the networking printing on the UNIX machines
as best as I could.  My main question is whether I need to
be running a daemon like lpsched on Linux in order to receive
remote printing requests.

Thanks.

Regards,
Craig

PS.  I've recently changed Netscape Communicator 4.0's
X resources to allow me to display Japanese in my bookmarks,
title bar, and forms buttons.  Look in the appendix of my
Japanese home page if you want to set the font resources
to allow you to do this too.  I've also enabled cut and
paste Japanese capability on Netscape.