tlug: return to sender

tlug note from Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
Hi all,

Hope you're having a good weekend - the weather down here is
outstanding.

I've been puzzling over this all day: wormhole is a stand-alone
box that connects to the Internet via a dial-up IP connection. I
use a POP mailer to send and receive mail and, for the most part
it works really well.

The problem is with certain mailing list software -notably
Listserv. If you check the header of this mail you'll see the
return address as schweiz@example.com but the sender is
jim@example.com

This means that unless I go back and fire up the old Winblows
box to send mail to some lists, the posts get rejected. I could
just unsubscribe from Windoze and re-subscribe from Linux (but
that's too easy;-)

I've been unable to get XFMail reconfigured to change the sender
field. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Or am I SOL
since I have to use the loopback interface?

Any ideas will be appreciated (I'm sure this is a FAQ somewhere
but I couldn't find it.)

Regards,

Jim S.
Sent by: Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
On: 19-Apr-97 at: 20:00:07 JST
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
Any father who thinks he's all important should remind himself
that the US honors fathers only one day a year while
pickles get a whole week.