Re: Sound recording with xwave 5.0

Hi all,

On 29 Nov 96 at 13:48, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> By the way, thanks for having this problem ... although I know wht's
> happening, it wouldn't have occurred to me to worry about it until too
> late, and I'm going to try to get the "fun stuff" working on my system
> soon.  :^)

What 'fun stuff'????

Speaking of fun stuff, I just grabbed a copy of VRWeb's new VRML
browser for Linux. I had to upgrade the lib g++ files to get it to
run, but now it works fine. Anyone know of any good sites to check
out? There's a link to VRWeb on the TLUG links page.

Returning to the topic of desktop backgrounds, after the g++ upgrade
xantfarm finally compiled correctly - it's pretty cool and best of
all Netscape doesn't complain about the color map.

On the topic of Netscape, I still haven't figured out how to get .mid
files to play. .ra and .ram files play fine with the RealAudio plugin
- but there are no audio plugins listed on the Netscape plugin page
except one for Solaris - do you think Linux could handle it?

With Steve's suggestion of a helper app, I compiled playmidi (and
xplaymidi) but it chockes when it gets to:

open /dev/sequencer: No such device or address

Any audio-heads know what to do next?

Thanks,

Jim S.