edict and mule delta

situlei simasu.

I have just found the  edict interface to  emacs and tried it with the
mule  delta.  I don't know if  I have some  thing misconfigured but it
seems that the euc  code  is not  being  converted to a display  font.
Someone  reading my post  to  the mule list (mule@example.com) suggested
that there are people who have seen this problem here?

I appreciate any help.

below is the initial post
I just found the elisp interface to ejdic.  It  looks great but when I
try to  use it with the  mule-delta I am  getting a list of what looks
like octal to me.  I  assume that  this is  an incompatibility, or  my
lack  of understanding of setting  up mule to automatically handle the
format of the  encoded data.  Perhaps I  don't know the correct coding
type   for the    edict    file  and need   to    add  that   to   the
coding-system-alist?

I currently have it set up like this.

(setq coding-system-alist
      '(
	("\\.tar$" insert-file-contents . no-conversion)
	("\\.tgz$" insert-file-contents . no-conversion)
	("\\.gz$" insert-file-contents . no-conversion)
	("\\.elc$" insert-file-contents . no-conversion)
	("\\.elc$" write-region . no-conversion)
	("box\\..*$" insert-file-contents . no-conversion)
	("\\*edict.*" insert-file-contents . automatic-conversion)
	("\\.jp$" insert-file-contents . coding-system-iso-2022-jp)
	("" insert-file-contents . automatic-conversion)))

The elisp files  escaped  characters   are not displaying    correctly
either.

I have also  tried setting the coding-system both  in the alist and in
the elisp buffer directly to coding-system-euc-japan.

I also downloaded the jconv utility and tried a conversion to new-jis
but was unable to read kanji or kana there also.

Please respond directly to my email address, as I am not on this list.

Thanks again.

Respectfully:
                                               David Walter

Karma: Whenever you are there you go.           djw18@example.com