Re: web server

Hi all,

On 14 Nov 96 at 19:38, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
> # Format: ScriptAlias fakename realname
>
> # If it's not in or below one of these directories, you can't use it
> # unless you enable CGIs for everyone.
> # What you apparently have
> # ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /root/public_html/cgi-bin/

Well, a good point of CGIWrap is that users set-up their own
personal cgi-bin directory so the script alias remains:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/

and cgiwrap* stays in that directory. The cgi script doesn't get
called by a server derived userid but by the user's userid.

I kept playing around with it and still didn't get it to work so I
put the links.pl in /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/ and hacked it to
it's new location and changed the links.html file to reflect the
'normal' action and I'm right back to "The server made a boo boo"

I also renamed links.pl to links.cgi with the same result - boo!

Arg!

That's enough for one night. Good thing nobody's paying me by the
hour ;-)

Jim S.