Re: still missing something

    Jim> Hi all, I'm still missing something. When trying to build a
    Jim> 2.0 kernel it gets all the way to:

    Jim> gcc-I/usr/src/linux-2.0/include -D__BFD__ -o tools/build
    Jim>   tools/build.c -I/usr/ src/linux-2.0/include tools/build.c:30:
    Jim> unistd.h: No such file or directory make[1]: ***
    Jim> [tools/build] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory
    Jim> `/usr/src/linux-2.0/arch/i386/boot'
    Jim> make: *** [zImage] Error 2

    Jim> Should I just upgrade everything on the 'victims' page and
    Jim> hope this clears up the problem?

This should do it, I think.  <unistd.h> is a standard header
file found in /usr/include/.  Since GCC will search that directory
automatically unless firmly told not to, it presumably isn't there.

I would guess that you need to upgrade your libraries.  That file
exists in libc-5.3.12.bin.tar.gz; I don't have earlier versions lying
around so I don't know when it was added.

Steve