Phigs, Networking, and Becomming an Internet Provider

Hello,

I have some questions I'd like to ask.

The first question is that is there any phigs for Linux? If it exists,
could anyone tell me the sites where I can download the program? I tried
some of the www-search engines, but I couldn't find any.

The next question is that could anyone recommend some of the necessary
stuff such as network cards, cables, etc... to create a small LAN in my
house? I currently have four machines. They are:

	*P-100
	 1.2 Gig HD
	 24MB RAM

	*P-100
	 2.5 Gig HD
	 16MB RAM

	*P-133
	 1.6 Gig HD
	 16MB RAM

	*Mac SE (probably not feasible to network this machine)

The reason why I'd like to try this is just my curiosity. Although I took
some of the networking courses at a local university, I didn't get any
"hands-on" experience. Also, if possible, I'd like to try it *cheaply!*
I'm sure some of the gurus on this list could help me out. :)

The last question is that could anyone tell me some of the necessary things
to becom an internet provider? A friend of mine, he currently owns a gas
station, wants to be an internet provider. He has some money, but doesn't
know much about computers in general.

As always, TIA

Sincerely,

N. Kise

PS
To Mr. Turnbull, aren't you going to update your homepage? I'd like to see
your pics! :)