setting up scsi drives and lilo

Hi all,

Well, I've given up trying to make a new boot floppy. It seems lilo is the
only option left that I can think of to get the new kernels to recognize the
scsi drives BUT...

You'll recall that there are two hard drives involved. The factory installed
IDE drive on C: and the jury rigged SCSI drive on /dev/sda. The way I've got
Linux set up now is there is an older Linux installed on C: (as a backup)
and a newer Linux installation (the one I use every day) on /dev/sda1 and
/dev/sda2.

Do I boot the backup Linux on C: to install lilo since the Linux on
/dev/sda1 doesn't recognize (can't see) the IDE drive (I can manually mount
it to /mnt if I need it temporarily.) or do I mount the IDE drive and
install lilo from /dev/sda1 (where I want the root partition to go.)

I guess what I'm trying to ask is where do I put lilo to get the Compaq
Prolinea to boot into Linux on /dev/sda and not into DOS on C:?

Sign me 'confused again'