Re: tlug-digest V1 #163

Hi all,

I've decided to give up on Apache for a few days and move on to some of the
other stuff I've been wanting to do.

My first question on TLUG was how to remap the keyboard to Japanese. Well, I
was going through old mail today and came across this:

a long, long time ago Alberto said:
>Or add to your rc.local the following lines:
>
>	# Load the proper keymap
>        echo -n "Loading keymap: "
>        /usr/bin/loadkeys /usr/lib/kbd/keytables/j106-d.map

This finally made sense! I zoomed to my sunsite CD collection, raced to the
je (japanese extensions) directory (actually, /je/install/), and found
jkeytbls.tgz - copied it to / and unpacked it, added Alberto's rc.local
stuff and IT WORKS. YEAH, time for another beer!

Why I was going through old mail is a sad story for next week:-( I'm just
happy that I don't have to hunt down the keys anymore:-)

I'm glad I saved (most) of the old mail....