Re: Lunch Sunday, 11Aug?

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> I suddenly find I have some free time this weekend.  Anyone care to gather
> for lunch and Linux/computer discussion in the
> Shinjuku/Takadanobaba/Ikebukuro area *this* Sunday at noon?  We can
> adjourn to my office in Takadanobaba for some Linux hacking in the
> afternoon if there is interest.

Jim,
this is short notice, but I think I can make it.   Let's set the
time and meeting place right now:

	How about:

	Time: noon
	Place: in front of Takadanobaba station
	Date:  August 11, 1996

Also, Jim might want to post his office number and address for the
benefit of late stragglers.  If anyone suspects they are going
to be late, we might be able to send them a keitai denwa number
to call.

I also propose Java and Linux as the topic of the meeting.
I've been playing with JDK1.01

There has been some talk about guavac and kaffe.  Also, I've been
using Xemacs and GNU emacs with Java syntax support and special
colors for forms.

Also, I've recently installed Jigsaw on my Linux box.  Jigsaw is
an object oriented HTTP server written entirely in Java.  It is
the main research platform for HTTP servers of the W3 consortium.

Also, what about unicode and Java?  When will we be able to output
Nihongo?

Some other things, I would like to discuss, but anything is fine:

	RedHat 3.0.4 Rembrandt  and the loadable module format of the
		kernel.  Is it stable enough for prime time.
		Also, what is the minimal Japanese support necessary.

	Jim's hacked xearth with satellite tracking displays

	Documentation with Linux.  Is the office ready for
		Open Standards yet?  Also, SGML v.s. HTML
		for archiving of documents.  Considerations
		when parsing Japanese documents.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452