JWT's Java response

Strange, I never got this from the list.  Only as an error
sent to listmaster.  Is the list running okay?

-------------

From: jwt@example.com (Jim Tittsler)
Newsgroups: list.tlug
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: java / linux
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:04:22 +0900

In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.960730105542.1658A-100000@example.com>,
"C. Oda" <craig@example.com> wrote:

>Is the Java binary format applications any faster than typing:
>
>	#  java  coolapp
>
>at the command line?  Or, is it just the same same?

It is virtually the same, you are starting the java interpreter on the
application.  Just as there is no significant difference between doing
"sh shellscript" and "shellscript".

Of course, if you try one of the Java compilers that produce native
code (see http://www.redhat.com/jolt/ if you haven't), they will be
faster.

Jim
Tel: 03-3351-5977   Fax: 03-3353-6096