Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: File locking
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Darren Cook)
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:43:14 +0900
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the best way to do file locking, in a C program, on Unix machines? Under DOS/Windows, I use locking(). This was missing under Linux (GNU C), so I used flock(). Unfortunately, both locking and flock seem to be missing on a Sun SparcCompiler! The GNU man pages say flock is implemented with fcntl, so is fcntl the most portable solution? Darren
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: Cfront
- Next by Date: ELM mailing software
- Prev by thread: Nihongo Java sites?
- Next by thread: ELM mailing software
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links