Re: tlug-digest V1 #214

 > From: TMatsumu@example.com
 > Date: 30 May 96 12:17:00 EDT
 > Subject: re: Wide SCSI, Linux, Jazz Drives

 >   Thanks, I think it's too soon notice, our next big show is Interop.  I'm
 > aware of the Jazz, be careful with media, many reports on comp.periphs.scsi
 > have problems with the media.  It's as fast as an IDE drive, but not close
 > to an Ultra or even narrow fast barracuda.  Shouldn't need extra drivers,
 > except for removable media, can linux support MO drives?  If so, should
 > support Jazz.

Yes, Linux supports removable media, so Syquest, MO, Zip and Jazz, they
all can be used. Newer kernels also support the parallel port version of
Zip.

 Alberto Tomita Junior     URL=http://www.ishiilab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~Alberto

 YOKOHAMA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY             tel: +81-45-335-1451  ext. 2906
 Div. of Electrical & Computer Eng.       fax: +81-45-338-1157
 156 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku              home: +81-45-743-3680 (tel & fax)
 Yokohama 240 JAPAN                       phs:    050-644-3680

 INTERNET: alberto@example.com             COMPUSERVE: 70410,67