Re: Pine 3.93

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> I'm using the compiled version inside the RPM that someone contributed
> to the RedHat site.  I doubt it is the same as the compiled version
> from Washington.

I'm getting a bit confused here playing around with debian.  On RedHat do
you have to install everything with the RPM?  What if you don't?  Does
the index of installed programs get messed up?  Is anyone else using
Debian out there?  I guess both RedHat and Debian have program managers,
but I don't see the advantage of a program manager yet.  For example,
let's say I want to install Xfree86 3.1.2 patch level e and there is not
an RPM or Debian package out there for it.  Do I have to install the
Debian 3.1.2 in order for the Package file to register it?

This is just some random rambling questions.  I don't have too many
problems with Debian yet.

*        See TWICS at LAN Expo '96 on May 29-31 at Sunshine City.      *
Access Beejima, Japan's Virtual Community: http://www.twics.com/beejima
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452
PGP Public-Key  http://www.twics.com/~craig/pgp
Key fingerprint =  12 40 82 A8 DF DD DD 30  BB 0E 26 22 E0 D8 F2 87