Re: X-Terminal - 286

    Leo> I`ve a 286 that is lying around around in my apato I was
    Leo> wondering if I can make an X-Terminal out of it .  What would
    Leo> I need ? (at the cheapest price)

I don't think there's much chance.  Linux is out; so is DESQview/X---
both require 386s.  I suspect that the X Windows servers that run on
top of Windows run in enhanced mode (X is an asynchronous protocol and
it's much easier to handle that stuf safely in enhanced mode)---that
means again you need a 386.

However, there are a number of products that claim to provide X
servers on PC clone hardware, so you might look around.  Try the
archive at Simtel.

Steve

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi