re: Changes to TLUG Home Page

Form: Reply
Header: Adaptec
Text: (17 lines follow)
Craig,
  The page looks nice.  I have a couple of suggestions, since it looks like
at some point you might get the urge to archive these messages, could you
unsubscribe my company email acct., and subscribe my personal japan acct.:

tedm@example.com

That way, I don't have to put a lot of disclaimers in my footer, and worry
that Turnbull will provoke me into saying some wild ass thing that could
sound less than professional if read out of context.

Next, 100's of hits are nothing, you need to add some stuff, then submit the
page to Submit IT! which submits it to lycos, webcrawler, yahoo and the
like.  I recommend you do a tokyo version of the highway 17 page du jour ;)

Ted

Original text: (55 lines follow)
>From owner-tlug@example.com, on 3/27/96 11:10 AM:
To: tlug@example.com

Member list now has 9 TLUG member home pages list.  Added black and
red Linux "The Choice of a GNU Generation" Logo."  Added a link to

Added TWICS sponsor Logo to bottom of main page.  This is to
try and entice some company to donate space or equipment to us.
Plus, I have to justify the mailing list somehow. Get your
company to sponsor TLUG...  hint, hint...   This things getting
hundreds of hits a day.  (I'm a little embarrassed at the poor
quality of the page.  Contact me if you wish to help with TLUG
Web-Admin).

Added various links to submit corrections to TLUG Web-Admin.  This is
me right now.

Took off TLUG bbs link since I can't find metanoia.

Moved main URL to:  http://www.twics.com/~craig/tlug/

Since we didn't have a meeting I added a new link that
included references to a few of the hot topics we are discussing:

http://www.twics.com/~craig/tlug/tlug9603_topics.html

This is linked off the main home page in the "Meetings" section.

TLUG March 1996

Just a few of the hot topics discussed on the TLUG mailing list:

      Linux on Sparc
      Linux on Alpha
      Linux on 8086
      ASUS Main Boards
      Gimp Graphics Editor.. Good

The topics above are all hyper links for easy reference.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

Previous From: owner-tlug@example.com
Previous To: tlug@example.com
Original to: tlug@example.com