Re: Scanner

At 10:28 AM 3/26/96 +0900, Craig Oda wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Leo Glynn wrote:

>> I`m getting the lend of a Scanner of a Friend
>> Does anyone know if Linux Supports this/FAQ etc
>
>Nori was using the HP ScanJet with Linux.   There are several
>drivers for Linux.

Yes, I was using an HP scanner.  It runs as a normal SCSI Generic device.
So make sure your kernel is compiled with it.  I used hpscan to get the
pictures from the scanner.  It saves as PBM files that you will have to
convert with xv or something like that.  One BAD thing is that the scanned
picture files are HUGE!  A full A4 color scan was about 68 megabytes and
promptly choked xv when I tried to convert it.  :)

Hope this helps.

-- nori