Re: Adaptec's mailer

>>>>> TMatsumu@example.com writes

   Yes,
     It also shows blank headers with Eudora.  However, although this
   email package has a lot of issues, the blank subject problem is not
   one of them.  There are many mail configuration errors on
   cyber.ad.jp, my other unix shell accounts see the subjects, as I
   assume everyone else's does.

Adaptec's mail is RFC-conformant to a first approximation.  That is,
in my spool directory, the required headers are there, there are no
blank lines embedded in the headers, continuation lines are properly
set up.  The trick of embedding headers in the text is not an RFC
violation (how else are you going to forward entire messages or create
digests?)  There are some subtle issues there (for example, if I were
configuring that mailer I'd put all of BS headers in the header block
as "X-<name_of_MTA>-<header_tag>: " headers, those are guaranteed not
to be heeded or munged by any RFC-conforming MTA), but things that
look like headers in the body should not be touched by the transport
agent (except for the time-honored "Unix-from-hack" of escaping
"\n\nFrom " to "\n\n>From ").  It's most likely the mail transport
agent at the receiving sites is bollixing up Ted's mail.

There are no error messages from SMail, either, that seems to rule out
something in the SMTP protocol (which would be a problem at TWICS
anyway).

So sorry, Shrine users, but it looks like your problem....

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi