"Java in a Nutshell" from O'Reilly

Here is something I received from O'Reilly. You can order direct from them.

                      JAVA IN A NUTSHELL
                       By David Flanagan
              418 pages, ISBN: 1-56592-183-6
         $19.95 ($14.95 special introductory price)

We're pleased to announce the publication of our first Java book.
"Java in a Nutshell" is a complete quick reference guide to the hot new
programming language from Sun Microsystems.  This comprehensive volume
contains descriptions of all of the Java classes and their related
calls and an introduction to important Java concepts.  In the tradition
of "UNIX in a Nutshell," our first Java book promises to become the
essential next-to-the-terminal reference for Java programmers. With an
alphabetic listing of commands, a clean layout featuring easy-to-browse
entries, and a lay-flat binding, this book is designed to be used
on the fly.

But "Java in a Nutshell" is more than a Java "Dictionary." The first
chapter discusses Java's characteristics, and discusses why it's so
important. Then the book puts Java into perspective by summarizing the
differences between Java and C and by explaining the object-oriented
programming constructs in Java--an accelerated introduction to Java for
C and C++ programmers who want to learn the language fast.

We've posted an excerpt from "Java in a Nutshell," entitled "How Java
Differs from C" on our new Java page (http://www.ora.com/info/java).
The page also contains links to additional Java resources.

We will be following "Java in a Nutshell" with a complete series of
Java documentation books. The first book in the series, "Exploring
Java," will be released at Internet World in San Jose on April 29,
1996. Other upcoming titles include "Internet Programming with Java
Script and "The Java Virtual Machine."

--

Sara Winge    sara@example.com
O'Reilly & Associates

Mark A. D'Arcy
Electronic Data Systems, Ltd.
C/O General Motors Japan, Ltd.
Yebisu Garden Place Tower, 27th Floor
4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150 JAPAN

Tel:  +81-3-5424-2833
Fax: +81-3-5425-2689

E-Mail: ovmail1.kz3g8p@example.com