Linux Books

Hi! I have just subscribed to this list. I want to get Linux for testing
Java and cgi programs in a UNIX environment.

Jim Tittsler recommended some disks and books, and Slackware v3.0 and
InfoMagics Linux Developers Resource sounds suitable.
Does anyone know where to buy it in Tokyo? I tried Akihabara (T-ZONE and
LAOX), but they only had one book, and it did not seem that good (only a few
hundred pages, and no chapters on development tools).
Kinokuniya has a couple of books (one with some chapters on developing), but
I do not remember seeing InfoMagic.
I will try Maruzen in Tokyo next. Any other suggestions?

BTW, is there still a Linux Users Group metting scheduled for the 17th
March? When and where?

Darren.