Re: compiling PPP module with kernel 1.3.59

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> There seems to be a amissing declaration for u_int32_t in
> <linux/types.h>.  <linux/ppp_defs.h> says it's supposed to be there,
> but it's not.  Has anybody else seen this?  If not, probably I didn't
> do the installation of the ppp-2.2.0e source correctly.

I don't have that in my types.h header file.  Then again, I am still
unable to compile the kernel.  I've also come down with a cold
and taken Contact Ex in addition to 3 Papuron tablets and am finding
it hard to concentrate right now.  I've resorted to hacking the
header files of both the linux kernel source and the headers in
/usr/include/netinet.

Say, if JWT wants to post his FAX ^H^H^H  TLUG BBS number I'll be
more than happy to beta test the BBS and take a look at header
files on his machine where he successfully compiled the kernel with
PPP support.  The main things I want to check are if the gcc version
and header files are the same as the ones I am using.  If so,
why can't I compile the the kernel with PPP support?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096