Re: Next Meeting???

Craig,
  For some cool java applets, check out www.gamelan.com

What twics may want to do is to create a common /bin area for twics users.
That way, one twics user could suck down say the latest netscape, and the
rest of the 1000 users could copy or sz it from the bin directory.

I highly recommend getting a ccd camera (even a connectix quickcam for
windows at 11900 Y - Tzone minami works) and trying out cu-seeme, internet
phone, internet radio, realaudio, and connectix videophone.  All of those
apps are bandwidth intensive enough to wish you had more than a 256k
connection.

btw, it's a good thing you're on twics, and i'm on another net provider in
tokyo ;)

Ted

*****
Ted Matsumura, Adaptec Japan Ltd.
ATM Program Manager, InterNetworking Technology (INTO)
phone: 03-5276-8433, Fax (03) 5276-9364
email: tmatsumu@example.com
http://www.rahul.net/tedm
*****
-------------
Original Text
On 4 Jan 1996 TMatsumu@example.com wrote:

> Craig,
>   Why not splurge and pay $100 for a dedicated 200mb drive for win95.
Later
> you can experiement with multi-partitions on single drives after you get
> through the initial installation?

Ted,
I actually got Windows '95 up and running and have finished my
Slackware installation.  I'm sucking down Netscape 2.0b4 for
Linux right now.
The main reason I installed Win'95 was to play around with the
Netscape plugins.  I just created a test virtual world with the
Win '95 fountain 3D modelling app.   There are some VRML
viewers for Linux, but I have not got around to installing
any yet.  Also, as far as I know there is no Shockwave Plugin
for Linux yet.  Zannen.  Anyway, the virtual worlds seem
pretty fast with a Pentium 90mhz and lightly loaded 256Kbps
net connection.  Pretty neat, just wish I could find something
useful to do with it.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096