Re: Japanese man pages

    Craig> On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Kazuyuki Okamoto wrote:
    >> >Anyone have a similar problem?
    >> setenv LANG=ja_JP.ujis (i.e. in .tcshrc file) .

    Craig> Thanks for the hint.  I tried this and unfortunately, have
    Craig> not got it to work yet.  I plan to take the notebook home
    Craig> and give it another go this weekend.

Ummm, man shouldn't know squat about fonts.  So it should be some
subprocess (groff or X or some terminal emulator) that's bitching,
right?

Are you running under X, didja add boldface fonts etc for X, didja do
a xset fp rehash?

If you're running under kon, I don't know anything about it.

If you have preformatted man pages, then it shouldn't be groff.

The exact error messages might give a clue....

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Socio-Economic Planning                         Yaseppochi-Gumi